No doubt Norton setup is one of the most prevailing antivirus software in the market and provides its users with all the features they need to protect their systems. It can protect your system from all kinds of attacks like malware attacks, virus attacks, identity theft, phishing attack, and whatnot. But, while using the software, you may notice that Norton may not open on the system or does not start. This is a common error that a user can encounter. In case you are also facing this issue, this article is worth reading. Here are some simple troubleshooting methods that will help you to fix the Norton antivirus not opening issue. Go through the complete article to know in detail.
Table of Contents
Methods to Resolve Norton Antivirus Not Opening Issue
Now, we have explained three different methods that you can use to fix the Norton does not open issue. Follow the steps mentioned with each method in detail to simply complete the process.
Method 1: Using Norton Power Eraser In Case Norton Antivirus Not Opening or Responding
The very first method that you can opt for is to use the Norton Power Eraser. It will use the insights of the cloud application and then scan your system to find the error and also, fix it. Follow the steps mentioned below to complete the process.
- To start with, you will have to visit Norton.com/setup and then download the power eraser tool on the system. You need to save the file on your system.
- Next, you will have to open the folder and then click on the file named NPE.exe and then start your tool.
- In the next prompt, you will get the user agreement and then you need to click on the Yes option.
- After this, you will have to start the tool on the system and then in the tool window, you will have to click on the option to scan for risk.
- Now, you will have to wait for the rootkit to finish and then choose to scan by default.
- Once done, you will have to make all the needed changes and then start your system again.
Method 2: Updating Norton Antivirus
The next method that you can use to fix the Norton Antivirus not opening issue is to update the software. These updates are released by the company to make the software bugs-free and efficient for the users to use it. You can then use the application as you usually use it. Follow all the steps mentioned below to complete the process.
- First, you will have to open your security settings.
- Also, make sure that you have connected to the internet. Now, in the security settings window, you will have to choose the option for Live Update.
- Now, you need to wait for the antivirus to scan for the latest version and then let the updating process complete.
- When the process will complete, you will have to start the system again.
Method 3: Install Norton Antivirus Again
This is the last method for all windows users. In this method, you need to uninstall the application and then install it again on the system. Follow all the steps mentioned below.
- First, you need to find and download Norton Remove and reinstall the tool on the system.
- After this, you will have to look for the NRnR icon and then click on it. the tool will start on the system.
- You will now have to select the option for remove and reinstall. Choose the option to continue.
- Now, you will have to click on the remove option. Choose the OK option to proceed with the process.
- After this, when it will be removed, you will have to start your system again and then install the Norton setup again on the system by following all the on-screen instructions.
Steps to Fix Norton Antivirus Not Opening Again On Mac
One of the common reasons for which you can face the issue on Mac is that the software is disabled on your system. Below we have mentioned all the steps that you need to follow to enable antivirus on mac.
- First, after installing the software on the system, you will get a prompt on your screen.
- You will then have to type your username and password and begin the installation process.
- In case you see the system extension block on the screen, you will have to choose the ok option.
- After this, you will have to choose the open now button on the installation window.
- When done, you will have to go to the privacy page and then choose the lock button and then type your password.
- After this, choose the unlock option and a message will appear on the screen. Choose the allow option.
- Now, you need to tap on the restart option and let the process complete.
- On completion, you will have to choose the preference option.
- Now, again go to the privacy page and then choose the lock option.
- Next, you need to type your password and again click on the unlock option.
- Finally, go to the preference option and then check if the extension for Norton setup is enabled or not.
These methods will surely help you to fix the Norton Antivirus not opening issue. Following all the methods, in the same way, will help you to carry out the process easily. In case you still face the issue, you can seek help from an expert. Hopefully, the article was helpful.