How Do I Backup External Hard Drive to Dropbox?
“Hello, I would like to backup important files from my external hard drive to Dropbox online in order that i can access files from Dropbox easily without external hard drive getting around, can anyone help me out, any solutions would be appreciated a lot.”
If you stuck in the same problem to backup external hard drive to Dropbox, here we will show you the best free way with detailed steps listed below.
External Hard Drive vs. Dropbox
External hard drive can store your important files locally, and you have to carry it all around to access files anytime, and the cost of the external hard drive is quite expensive than the online cloud storage services.
Dropbox, as one of the most popular cloud storage service, provides the free cloud storage space 2GB, which is not enough to store your general files obviously. And you could get more cloud storage after upgrading at a reasonable price. However, it allows you to access files on any devices, anytime and anywhere.
That’s to say, Dropbox is quite more attractive than external hard drive on convenience and cost. It’s probably the reasons that why you want to backup external hard drive to Dropbox.
Now, we will show you different ways to backup external hard drive to Dropbox easily.
Best Free Way to Automatically Backup External Hard Drive to Dropbox
Here we first introduce you the best free way to backup external hard drive to Dropbox, the free cloud backup service CBackup.
CBackup allows you to backup external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, local disk, partitions, files to cloud, including Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive easily.
With schedule backup settings, CBackup permits you to backup external hard drive to Dropbox daily, weekly, even monthly according to your needs.
Now, let’s get started to backup external hard drive to Dropbox with CBackup:
- Please connect your external hard drive to your computer and make it can be detected by Windows.
- Download CBackup desktop app and sign up a free CBackup account, then please log in to your account on the desktop app.
1. Click My Storage icon on the CBackup left penal, then click Add Cloud, select Dropbox, and click Add. Then follow the steps to add Dropbox account to CBackup. Then complete the Dropbox information like cloud name, storage path, etc.
2. Hit Backup Tasks icon, then press New Task, select Local Files, and press Next to create a new backup task.
3. Click Add Source to select your external hard drive files to backup, and press Add Destination to choose Dropbox. Rename Task Name if required.
4. Press Settings on the left corner, click Scheduler > tick Set a backup schedule for automated backup, choose Daily, Weekly, Monthly or One time only.
5. Tap Start Backup button to backup external hard drive to Dropbox automatically on regular basis.
Manually Upload External Hard Drive Files to Dropbox
If there is a few folders and files on your external hard drive to backup, you could upload files to Dropbox website manually directly.
Let’s see how it works:
1. Please log in to your Dropbox account, and then click Upload button.
2. Select Files or Folder to upload external hard drive files.
3. Once the files uploaded with a success, the external hard drive files has been backed up to Dropbox.
Sync External Hard Drive Files to Dropbox
Dropbox has another features for you to backup external hard drive: External Drive Backups. Please download Dropbox desktop app and then sign in your Dropbox account and follow the below steps to backup Dropbox.
1. Please click the Dropbox icon on the system tray, then hit Avatar icon and select Preferences.
2. Click Backups > tick the checkbox next to Show setup notifications when new external drives are plugged-in under External Drive Backups sections.
3. Connect your external hard drive to your computer, then Dropbox will automatically pop up a window like the following screenshot.
4. Press Back up or Choose folders button to backup external hard drive to Dropbox manually.
The Summing Up
Now, you can know the best free way to backup external hard drive to Dropbox automatically and manually. If you want to make a local backup for your external hard drive according to the 3-2-1 backup rule, please use the backup software to get things done easily.