Yes, that’s the truth. Solidworks installations are possible on most gaming desktops and laptops. Even modeling may be done on a gaming laptop. Indeed, earlier gaming laptops are not the best choice for CAD/CAM workstations. But now there are a variety of options for gaming laptops on the market that provide you with the essential specs that are used in Solidworks. Learn more about the best laptop for solidworks which will assist you to use for both gamings and Solidworks.
Taking a glance at a high-powered gaming laptop’s component list, it’s quite straightforward to conclude that it should be powerful enough to run CAD/CAM software. Most gaming laptops have higher-end Intel i7 CPUs, 32GB of RAM, and expensive 4GB graphics processors (GPU) — surely, a laptop with those specs should be adequate for Solidworks…
Infinity V5-9R6-88 and Infinity X5-9G6-88 are the two main laptops that are good for Solidworks. The following are the specs that are given below:
|Specification||Infinity V5-9R6-88||Infinity X5-9G6-88|
|RAM||A total of 16GB of DDR4 memory at 2666MHz.||A total of 16GB of DDR4 memory at 2666MHz.|
|HDD||512GB SSD M.2 NVMe.||512GB SSD M.2 NVMe.|
|CPU||Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz.||Intel i7-9750H @ 2.6GHz.|
|GPU||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660Ti.||NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060.|
|Display||15.6” 144Hz IPS-Level.||15.6” 144Hz IPS-Level.|
There are 10 laptops on this list that have been hand-selected and extensively investigated by professionals. It’s as simple as checking all of them.
In terms of price and features, the Acer Nitro 5 is the finest laptop for Solidworks. This laptop can run decent graphic designing applications and demanding games with no problem.
- Processor Intel Core i7-9750H 6-Core.
- 15.6′′ High Definition IPS LED-backlit panel with a 144-hertz refresh rate.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Graphics Card.
- 16GB DDR4 2666MHz memory and 256GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
- Extremely cheap.
- Very Good Processor with GPU.
- Slim and portable.
- 144 HZ resolution refresh rate.
- A rapid increase in temperature is observed.
- Webcam quality is poor.
Overall, this is a great value laptop that you should consider purchasing. Some customers have complained about the quality checks, which implies that the components used are likely to be cheap, but that doesn’t matter.
Powered by an Intel Core i7 10th gen CPU, this laptop sports a large and full HD display. Solidworks users will appreciate the extended battery life on this laptop, which makes it one of the best laptops for Solidworks.
There’s also 16GB of non-upgradable RAM and 512GB of solid-state drive storage in this laptop’s storage system. The battery life on this one is particularly impressive, lasting up to 10 hours and allowing you to keep playing for hours on end.
- Full HD IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit display with a diagonal of 15.6 inches.
- Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU, 10th generation.
- A PCIe(R) NVMe(TM) M.2 SSD with 512GB of storage and 16GB of RAM.
- 10 hours of battery life.
- Exceptional battery performance.
- Exceptional processor.
- Sleek and lightweight construction.
- The display quality is excellent.
- RAM is not upgradeable.
- The graphics aren’t very good.
This is a fantastic laptop for business, but it’s not so great for gaming because the graphics aren’t that amazing. However, the battery life on this one is exceptional.
The Acer Predator laptop is fantastic for gamers. However, the Intel Core i7 8th gen CPU is a bit low-end for the cost. When it comes to the screen, it has a 144 Hz refresh rate, which is excellent. The selection of the best laptops for Solidworks is rounded off by this laptop due to its sturdy construction.
For the price, this laptop offers 16GB of RAM and an SSD drive with 256GB of storage, which I find to be a bit low.
- Core i7 8th generation CPU.
- Overclockable graphics powered by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060.
- Intel Core i7 8th generation processor.
- 144Hz Refresh Rate, 300nit Brightness & 72 percent NTSC.
- A PCIe NVMe SSD with 256GB of storage and 16GB of DDR4 2666MHz memory.
- Batteries that last up to 7 hours.
- Low Power Consumption.
- The battery life is excellent.
- A sturdy construction.
- For the price, this CPU is average.
- It has mediocre graphics.
As a gaming laptop with reasonable battery life, this laptop is well made and an excellent value for the money, especially when you consider the features.
Can I use a gaming laptop for Solidworks? Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that there are some important specifications to consider when using your gaming laptop in Solidworks.