Grocery shopping can be a tedious and time-consuming task. You have to plan out what you need for the week, drive to the store, and then carry all of your purchases back home. But with boxed packaged goods, you can make your grocery shopping experience much simpler and more efficient. Not only can you buy individual items in bulk, but you can also get pre-packaged meals that are ready to cook. Plus, you can save money by buying in bulk. With boxed packaged goods, you can save time and money while still having a variety of delicious meals.
Table of Contents
What are boxed packaged goods?
While many boxed packaged goods come in cardboard boxes, this isn’t a requirement. Most boxed packaged goods come in a bag — which doesn’t even come with a cardboard box. In general terms, boxed packaged goods are certain groceries that come pre-packaged in a bag or a box. These bags or boxes are often resealable, making them easy to store and reuse. And because they are often pre-packed, it’s easier to buy in bulk and get multiple servings out of one bag. Plus, with some boxed packaged goods, you can get more variety out of a single bag than you could if you bought everything individually.
Benefits of buying boxed packaged goods
- Convenience – With boxed packaged goods, you can find something for every meal. Whether you want a salad, a sandwich, or something more hearty, you should be able to find what you need in a box. And even if you want to make a meal entirely from boxed packaged goods, you can do that, too. There are salads, soups, and even desserts that come in a box.
- Savings – Boxed packaged goods are often cheaper than buying individual items. For example, a bag of pasta will normally cost more than a box of pasta. But, you can get multiple bags of pasta for the cost of one box. With certain boxed packaged goods, you can get a lot of servings out of one bag, saving you money in the long run.
- Convenience – You don’t have to worry about going to the store when you run out of certain ingredients. With boxed packaged goods, you can get everything you need from a single bag or box. There’s no need to worry about forgetting an item or rushing to the store to get what you need.
- Variety – Some boxed packaged goods come in a variety of flavors and varieties. For example, Annie’s Macaroni and Cheese comes in eight different flavors. This makes it easier to get a variety of flavors and meals in a single box.
Types of boxed packaged goods
- Sauces – Sauces come in many different flavors and varieties. You can get a pizza sauce, pasta sauce, teriyaki sauce, or even a barbecue sauce. Sauces are a great addition to any meal. They also pair well with boxed packaged goods like pasta and spaghetti.
- Pasta – Pasta is one of the most popular boxed packaged goods. There are a wide variety of flavors, including plain pasta, cheese pasta, and more. Some pasta even comes in different colors, like blue pasta.
- Noodles – While noodles aren’t as common as pasta, they are still great boxed and packaged well. You can find noodles in a wide variety of flavors, like garlic noodles or even ramen noodles. Noodles are a great boxed packaged good for stir fry and Asian dishes.
How to save money with boxed packaged goods
- Check for sales – Although boxed packaged goods are relatively cheap, you can save even more money by buying them when they’re on sale. Some stores put their sale items in the front of the store, while others hide them in the back. But, if you know where to look, you can save even more money on boxed packaged goods.
- Buy in bulk – One of the best ways to save money with boxed packaged goods is to buy in bulk. Many stores let you buy in bulk, making it easy to save money. You can get some of the most popular boxed packaged goods in bulk, including pasta, noodles, and sauces.
- Get coupons – Coupons are a great way to save even more money when buying boxed packaged goods. While some stores may not accept coupons on boxed packaged goods, others will let you use them.
- Buy generic – While branded boxed packaged goods are usually more expensive, they’re also more convenient. Generic boxed packaged goods don’t come with cute designs on the front, but they’re usually cheaper.
Tips for buying boxed packaged goods
- Choose the right brand – Although some boxed packaged goods are cheaper than others, this doesn’t mean they’re better. Before buying a box or bag of anything, take a minute to read the ingredient list. If a certain brand has a long list of ingredients than others, it might not be as healthy as you think.
- Read the expiration date – While most boxed packaged goods will last for months, not all of them will last long enough to be worth the money. Read the expiration date on the box or bag to make sure it will last long enough to be a worthwhile purchase.
- Consider the serving size – When you buy boxed packaged goods, make sure you use the serving size listed on the package. There’s nothing worse than cooking something and realizing you used too much and wasted half of what you made.
- Choose the right flavor – Some boxed packaged goods come in multiple flavors. If you can’t decide which flavor you want, buy one of each. This way, you get to try a few different flavors without having to buy a lot of boxes.
How to store these goods
- Don’t open all the boxes – Open only the boxes of food you need to use. If you open all the boxes, you risk letting the food go bad before you can use it.
- Use an airtight container – If you have a lot of food that you’re storing in a box, you may want to consider using an airtight container instead. This will help keep your food fresh for longer and prevent bugs from crawling into your food.
- Store pasta in a jar or a bowl – If you have a lot of pasta, consider storing it in a jar or a bowl. This way, you can easily pour out a bowl of pasta when you’re cooking.
- Keep boxed packaged goods in a dry, cool place – Moisture and heat are two of the biggest enemies of boxed packaged goods. If you keep your food in a dry, cool place, it will last longer.
Alternatives to boxed packaged goods
- Bulk foods – If you have the space and the time, buying bulk foods is a great alternative to boxed packaged goods. You can get all the flavor you want, without the additional packaging.
- Fresh ingredients – Fresh ingredients like fresh pasta noodles and fresh herbs are great alternatives to boxed packaged goods. You can get everything you need from fresh ingredients without the need for boxes or bags.
- Make your pasta – If you love pasta, consider making your pasta. You can use fresh ingredients and make a completely customized pasta dish.
- Condiments – Condiments like ketchup, mustard, and mayo are great to buy in bulk with no added packaging.
When you buy boxed packaged goods, you don’t have to worry about forgetting an item or running out of ingredients. It’s easier to buy in bulk, and you can use coupons to save even more money. Best of all, boxed packaged goods make it easy to get a variety of meals from a single bag or box.