If you are running any kind of business, chances are you will need mats. To find out which mats would be best suited for your business, take a look at our handy guide.
There are many different kinds of mats from the simple outdoor/indoor mats used to wipe your feet when you enter a premises to those for industrial purposes, promotional purposes and even those for health purposes.
Table of Contents
Entrance mats can be used outdoors or indoors. Placed at the entrance of your building their purpose is to stop water and dirt being tracked inside. Having a mat at the entrance can help prevent slips and falls drastically as it will help keep the surface of your floors cleaner. A few good choices for entrance mats are:
- Logo Mats – can become a promotion tool as they will look elegant while having the business’s logo on them. Having a Logo Mat can elevate the look of your business while helping to keep it clean and safe.
- Rubber Anti-slip Mats – designed to prevent slips from happening. These mats are a perfect solution for rainy or snowy periods. They can also be used in Industrial settings and throughout the building depending on your business needs.
- Coir Coconut Matting – one of the most popular mat types for entrances. This matting has a traditional appearance and is great for scraping dirt from shoes. It is easily cut to size making it perfect for matwells.
Industrial mats are used throughout your business and can help minimise risks of slipping, falling and collision of heavy machinery. If you have people operating machines like forklifts or vans coming in and out of your building it is a good idea to invest in the right mat. Mats can dry the wheels as the vehicle enters the building, preventing it from skidding due to wet tyres. Here are mats that are used throughout an industrial business:
- Rubber Anti-slip Mats – as we already mentioned these mats are designed to prevent slips from happening, which makes them a perfect solution for rainy and snowy periods. Having them throughout your business can reduce slips and falls due to slippery surfaces or due to spills. They are also great for commercial kitchens as they will not only make it safer for the workers but can prevent damage from falling equipment.
- Heavy duty entrance mats – designed specifically for places with a lot of footfall. These mats are durable and perfect as an entrance mat to an industrial building.
- Anti-Static Mats (ESD) – designed to prevent static shocks to employees and equipment. Can be used on workbenches, tabletops and floors.
- Tacky Mats – keep fine particles of dust and dirt from entering the premises. Those are ideal for entrances to sterile premises.
- Cutting Mats – ideal for tabletops and workplaces where knives and other cutting equipment is used. These mats prevent damage to the surface underneath and are easy to clean with just water or detergent since they are waterproof and resistant to chemicals.
- Office chair Mats – prevent scuffing to the floor from the chair’s legs or wheels. It also keeps your chair from rolling too much on slippery floors.
Anti-Fatigue Mats are great for commercial businesses as they can reduce health problems among employees. The anti-fatigue qualities of these mats help reduce problems usually associated with standing on hard floors for an extended period of time like joint pains, flat feet, varicose veins, bad posture and others. Reducing those problems helps employees stay healthy and boosts their consecration and productivity.
Leisure matting has a broad range of applications. It is used around wet areas, on playgrounds, in leisure centres and gyms. Leisure mats have been especially designed for such areas, made out of rubber for shock absorption or made out of PVC for use around wet areas. Here are a few different leisure mats to choose from.
- Swimming Pool Mats/ Changing Room Mats – ideal for use around swimming pools and changing rooms, they provide a non-slip environment and prevent mould and bacteria from spreading. Swimming / changing room mats for wet areas are normally found as rolls, tiles or individual mats.
- Rubber Gym Mats – are durable, designed to prevent damage to the floor and falling equipment. They have good shock absorption and prevent loud impact noises. Great for home and professional gyms.
- Rubber Playground Mats – designed for playgrounds and the safety of kids, these mats are good to cushion falls and reduce the chances of slipping while running and playing.