If you are looking for a new way to have fun, try playing Poker. Poker is an exciting game that has been around for centuries now, and it’s still going strong even in the digital era. You can play online at any time of day with players from all over the world, or you can go to your local casino if you feel like wagering some money on your skills.
However, it doesn’t matter how much experience you have with Poker – there is always room for improvement! That is why we put together this beginners guide – so that newcomers could learn more about Hold’em Cash Games and Poker before they start playing.
Let’s get started
When you are just starting out to play Poker online, as a beginner, you will face many challenges. One such challenge is that there are many sites to choose from, and all claim they have the best cash games for beginners, but which one do you choose? Moreover, how does one become good at Poker in general while playing online Poker Cash Games as a beginner?
The first thing to know about Poker Cash Game Sites is that not every site has what it takes to make new players feel like they belong and can trust them when signing up or depositing money.
If none of their promotions interest you, then chances are you would not deposit any more money on this particular website after your initial free sign-up bonus. Therefore, there must be something about these websites that made other people try them out apart from their bonuses.
Before you deposit money, you need to know how to tell a good Poker Cash Game website from a bad one. Unfortunately, players don’t have the time or inclination to try out every site that advertises itself as being for beginners, so they depend on player feedback and testimonials to weed out scams.
So, if you can find other players who seem satisfied with a particular poker cash game website, like https://holdemtour.com/ then chances are it will probably be fine. You also need an honest review of sites like this because not all reviews are written by people playing there, honestly.
Some might just want free sign-up bonuses without depositing any money. In contrast, others might actually work for these websites as affiliate marketers trying hard to sell their product even though it’s not really worth your time!
A few basic ground rules include
1) Placing a wager of at least the minimum bet amount before you’re dealt any cards (which can’t be withdrawn once they’ve been placed) in order to stay in the hand. This is known as ‘calling.’
2) If there’s no raise by anyone else, this also means that it’s your turn to play, and so you would have to put out an equal or higher sized bet in front of yourself again. Again, you may want to do this if you think someone has made a mistake with their hand when compared to yours!
3) On average, people lose between 20% – 40% of their bankroll when playing poker online for real money, but nearly half these losses could be prevented just by learning how much each player should add on to their initial bets.
4) Putting out a larger bet than the minimum amount if you want to continue playing but not match what anyone else has already put down (known as ‘raising’). This doesn’t have to be an exact number since it can include fractions of chips, so, for example, raising by $25 would mean betting at least $26 total after your previous wager.
5) There are no limits on how many times you’re allowed to raise during the course of one hand either – only that whatever decision is made should ideally leave all players with an equal chance of winning or losing depending on the cards they’ve been dealt.
The Bottom Line
The best Poker Sites will have plenty of beginner games available where there’s risk involved and smaller prizes up for grabs. If you’re not great at making decisions or are prone to bad reactions under pressure, then these are the ones for you since there’s less money involved, and so people will often play far more conservatively than if they were playing with high stakes on the line.