Have you recently lost your tooth? Apart from your third molar, any other teeth are necessary for chewing, oral hygiene and better quality of life. So, if you have recently lost one or two teeth, it is necessary that you replace them immediately. And when it comes to replacing a tooth, you can do it with the help of dental implants.
Why Do You Need Dental Implants for Replacing Your Tooth?
When you are losing a tooth, it will affect the functionality and usage of your set of teeth. You will have difficulty chewing food. You will also have a poor quality of life and oral hygiene. That is why you need to get the right replacement of dental implants. It will help you without causing further complications. In the following points, you will get to see why you need to get affordable dental implants when you lose your teeth.
- When you lose a tooth, the other teeth start shifting. Basically, in a set of teeth, each tooth is responsible to keep the other tooth steady and in place. But when you lose a tooth, other teeth start coming to the place of the lost tooth to fill the gap and to support other teeth and as a result of this shifting, the alignment becomes completely ruined. Your bite might become misaligned and your smile too. So, to stop that shifting, you need to get dental implants in Cornelius, Charlotte, Huntersville, Mooresville and Statesville in NC.
- When you lose a tooth, the place can become the magnet of all the germs and bacteria. Also, food particles start getting in your gum. Your oral hygiene goes for a toss. Brushing even twice won’t help you in this matter as this empty socket won’t be easy to clean. As a result, your breath might start smelling bad. That is why you need to get dental implants.
- If your tooth is missing for quite a long time and the shifting is happening, then the whole misalignment can cause pain in your jaw, clicking sounds and problems in the temporomandibular joint or TMJ. With the help of dental implants, you can avoid this issue.
- Your gum is supported with jawbones. When a tooth is missing from a socket, generally a blood clot develops in the socket and covers the gap. But if that blood clot is missing or dislodged, then the socket becomes open and the jaw bone in the gum becomes exposed. As a result, your bone starts to deteriorate. That is why often at the time of getting a single or full mouth dental implant, dental bone grafting becomes necessary.
Dental implants are fairly common these days and done expertly in several appointments. It is not painful as you will be numbed during the procedure. So, after you get the dental implants in Kenansville, Davidson and Concord, NC, you need to ensure that it is healing properly. And for that, you need to take care of your diet right after the procedure. Getting back to a normal diet will not happen for quite some time for you as you need to let the implants set and heal.
Post Operative Food for Dental Implants
Once your dental implant procedure is done, before leaving the clinic, you will get a set of instructions. Any reputed clinic like Rolle Oral and Facial Surgery will offer you prescribed medicines so that you can manage the pain. At the same time, you will be advised to follow a specific diet that will help you get the necessary nutrients while ensuring that you don’t have to chew the food too much. So, what semi-liquid or soft food you can have? Take a look.
- Eggs, sausage, tender chicken, fish, meatloaf will offer you the necessary protein.
- Pasta, macaroni, soft bread roll, the potato will be filling for you.
- Yogurt, pudding, baked apple, applesauce and so on can be taken too as they are soft,
- Smoothies and shakes as you will need lots of fluids in your body for healing.
In case you are diabetic, you can add the following things in your diet:
- well-cooked brown rice
- Cooked beans
- Peanut butter
- Spinach kale smoothie
- Low-calorie yogurt and cheese
You need to avoid any kind of food that will involve chewing. So, avoid chips, nuts, chewy bread, pretzel, sticky or chewy meat and tacos.
Remember, during your healing, you must not pressure your teeth to eat and chew. Also, there will be a slight gap between the newly implanted teeth and jaw which will require time to close. Before healing, if some hard food gets inside the gap, it will cause infection.
When you are searching for dental implants near me, keep these points in mind and take good care of your teeth.