Is Your Dream To Marry Your Australian Partner? Make It Possible With Partner Visa Subclass 300

If you wish to marry your long-time partner in Australia, you can apply to obtain the Prospective Marriage Visa Subclass 300. After you get the visa, you have to marry your spouse then and apply for Partner Visa Subclass 820 and Partner Visa Subclass 821 before the expiry date of Visa 300.

What Eligibility Criteria To Be Met?

You have to satisfy the following eligibility criteria to be granted the Visa Subclass 300.

  1. To apply for this visa, you must have turned 18 years.
  2. There are specific relationship criteria that you have to meet. If your prospective spouse is an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident, you can marry him or her. Marriage is also possible if your partner is an eligible New Zealand citizen. 
  • You and your partner have to be aged 18 years or more, and you must have met after turning 18 years. 
  • You must not be related by blood and have the intention to marry when the visa remains valid. You should also confirm that you will live as spouses after your marriage, and as spouses, you should lead a life of mutual commitment and a genuine marital relationship. 
  • And finally, you should not be married to some other person at the time of your visa application.

You will not be eligible for the Partner Visa Subclass 300 if the marriage is done before deciding on your application. Still, you have to submit some of the documents that are as follows.

  1. First, you have to show that your marriage is valid, and for that, a registered marriage certificate will be enough.
  2. You will have to submit a requisition letter for the Partner Visas Subclasses 309 and 100.
  3. Lastly, you should give a statement in which you have to request to withdraw your application for the Prospective Marriage Visa. If it does not get withdrawn, your visa application will be refused and for not meeting the eligibility criteria.

What Is The Sponsor Requirement?

The person whom you are going to marry should sponsor your stay in Australia. And if you get married to him or her, then the parent or the local guardian of your spouse can also support you. In that case, that person must be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen. The latter two are alternative eligibility criteria because they usually live in Australia. The sponsor must also meet some other requirements like age under 18, and meeting character requirements.

The sponsoring person may not be able to sponsor you if he or she has held other visas or under specific conditions like where he or she was granted any Partner Visa or a Prospective Marriage Visa in the previous 5 years or have provided the sponsorship to two or more people holding a Partner Visa or Visa 300. 

Exceptions can still be made under various conditions. If there are children born in the earlier stage of the relationship and the former spouse had died or left the relationship, or there are dependent children, a person previously held similar visas or sponsored people under partner visas can again provide the sponsorship educational app.

What Are The Health Requirements?

There are specific health requirements that you and also your children have to satisfy. In some cases, your family members who are not even applying with you may also have to meet these health requirements. It will help you to choose whether you will genuinely require health check-ups. 

You should take different health examinations, depending on several personal circumstances, like your current citizenship, your potential activities in Australia, the place where you have stayed over the last five years, and how you have spent your time. Under Subclass 300, you will have to take health examinations, including chest x-ray, HIV test, and medical examination. You may consider following these steps while applying online.

  1. You should first check whether you will genuinely require the health examinations or not.
  2. After you get the HAP ID, you should request a health examination.
  3. You have to give your complete medical history.
  4. In the next step, you should fix an appointment with the panel clinic approved by the Department of Home Affairs to provide the necessary medical services.
  5. Once you get the meeting, the clinic will then use your HAP ID to locate the case and record the health examination.
  6. And in the final step, the health case gets cleared, enabling you to meet the health requirement.You must keep in mind that health examination certificates are valid for only 12 months. The conditions mentioned above apply to every member of the family whom you have included in the application.

What Are The Character Requirements?

For a successful application of Visa 300, you will need to satisfy a set of character requirements under Section 501 of the Migration Act 1958. You should be free of all the set character requirements against which your assessment will be assessed. 

You will need to provide police certificates for the country or different countries in which you have lived for at least one year in the last 10-year period after crossing the age mark of 16 years. Calculation of the previous 10 years is done immediately before you have lodged your application. The police certificate will also remain valid for only 12 months after the date of its issue.

Other Requirements 

You should have no outstanding debts to the Australian government. Moreover, there should be no record of visa refusal or rejection. 

What’s More?

There are certain benefits of this visa like work rights for up to three months, studying at own costs, etc. As the visa application procedure is pretty complex and requires professionalism, you may get in touch with ISA Migrations. They can give you the contact of a migration consultant in Perth. The professional Immigration Agent Perth or Immigration Agent in Perth can help you execute all the processes quite smoothly. 

Related Articles

Check Also
Back to top button