Having less space has nothing to do with comfort if you can accommodate and plan out things accordingly. A small house needs a practical approach, while planning and coordination between objects are essential.
But even before these, it is vital to decide on a theme from earlier because small spaces won’t allow you to experiment much.
Check out some points mentioned down here to have an idea of how you can beautify tiny homes into a comfy space :
- The framework of the house:
- Keep as many open spaces as possible. Avoid putting partitions as they will make your room look smaller and waste a lot of your space.
- Choose pocketed doors with windows that will allow light to pass, thereby performing multiple functions.
- High ceilings would give an appearance of larger space. Also, higher ceilings would mean more space.
- Build more windows and if windowsill is available, use that space effectively for storage. More windows allow a large amount of light to enter hence illuminating the area.
- Design of furniture:
Furniture occupies the most space in a house so to reduce that we need to keep things in mind like :
- Getting pieces of furniture with maximum functionality that serves multipurpose and is also foldable.
For example ,
Folding beds in the guest rooms,
Small chairs that can be used as side tables or centre tables.
Or, you could also replace old ideas of having large dining tables and stick to circular dining tables to enhance spacing efficiency.
- Using illusions:
- Putting up mirrors gives an illusion of bigger space because of reflecting the lights.
- Also, toning down the colours to lighter shades and neutral shades helps it appear spacious.
- Using shiny tiles in the kitchen reflects light and makes it look spacious.
- Interior designing:
- Use curtains to section your rooms
- Use removable wallpapers on large appliances like refrigerators and also closets to showcase the creative aspect of yourself.
- Use up maximum wall space:
- Mount the television on the wall instead of putting it up on the floor.
- Build up a wall desk and bookshelves
- Attach the night lamps on the wall instead of keeping them on side tables.
The last and most crucial point is lighting, which is key to making your house cosy and spacious.
- Use warmer and lighter coloured lights.
- Avoid hanging lights or lamps except in the dining space. Make the most out of the ceilings, and you can also install floor lights.
- Incorporate better lighting in small spaces to enhance the space.
To Wrap It Up
Some points can help you give a proper direction to your plans, as planning for tiny homes is confusing, and people tend to overdo it. And they end up either not buying anything or buying a lot. Also, you can take the help of a professional interior designer to customize a plan for tiny homes.