Impotence or erectile dysfunction is a medical condition that is characterized by the inability to obtain a normal erection.
Pathophysiology of erectile dysfunction:
ED occurs when the circulation to your genitals is compromised because of any reason. For a normal erection, you need to have an oxygenated blood supply to fill the cavernosal sinuses. In case of erectile dysfunction, the smooth muscles in the cavernosal sinuses and arteries are unable to relax, thus vasodilation and sinus opening does not occur. The result is a failed erection.
This condition is treatable with the help of medications that help in smooth muscle relaxation and vasodilation such as Kamagra Jelly.
Food that can help:
Foods that are rich in antioxidants, high-density lipoproteins, and have less amount of sodium and fats help prevent and treat erectile dysfunction.
- Watermelon: When we talk about foods that treat erectile dysfunction, watermelon is at the top of the list because it contains abundant antioxidants and water content. It is also called natural Viagra due to its wonderful properties of resolving erection problems in men.
- Coffee: Coffee is a healthy drink that you can consume both cold and hot. The caffeine present in coffee increases blood circulation, thus it allows more blood to flood towards the genitals. Recent researches have proved that men who take a cup of coffee regularly are less prone to develop erectile dysfunction as compared to those who do not take any coffee.
- Dark chocolate: Dark chocolate is a rich source of antioxidants called flavanols that reduces the oxidative stress inside your body. It helps lower the blood pressure and thus makes the arteries more dilated. It improves circulation to prevent or treat erectile dysfunction.
- Pepper: The chemicals present in chilies, jalapenos, and black pepper increase the blood flow to the heart and genitals. It lowers the risk of heart diseases and hypertension along with other health benefits. For men, pepper can work best in preventing erection problems.
- Fish: Fish contains omega 3 fats that are rich in high-density lipoproteins and they lower the fatty deposition inside your body. Eating fish or cooking in fish oil can lower your blood lipid profile and makes your blood vessels healthy. They protect against atherosclerosis, hypertension, and strokes which are all the risk factors for erectile dysfunction.
- Garlic: Garlic works best against atherosclerotic plaque formation, thus it improves the blood flow and maintains arterial health in a good state.
- Oyster: Oyster is rich in zinc and they are good for the production of testosterone in your body. Testosterone is the male reproductive hormone that works in arousal and makes it easy for men to have an erection.
- Spinach: Spinach is a rich source of antioxidants and iron that adds to the blood iron content, however too much or spinach is not good for kidneys. Because of its iron-rich and antioxidant properties, spinach smoothies are a tasty and healthy supplement for preventing erectile dysfunction.
- Apples: Flavonoid is an antioxidant found in apples in greater amounts. It reduces the oxidative stress in the blood vessels and prevents the vessel walls from damage due to free radicals. Improving the blood flow, an apple a day can keep erectile dysfunction away.
Medical management for erectile dysfunction:
PDE-5 inhibitor drugs are the most common oral medications used for erectile dysfunction. Kamagra Jelly sydney is a PDE-5 inhibitor that helps your smooth muscles to relax and supply more oxygenated blood to the genitals for erection.
Another class of drugs called Selective Serotonin Re-uptake Inhibitors (SSRI) is also helpful in treating erectile dysfunction for example Priligy.