What is the right time to join the Mains Test series?
The exam known as UPSC or the Union Public Service Commission is the name of the agency of the government that is particularly responsible for the selection and recruiting of several officers into the field of civil services.
It is responsible for conducting the entire examination process and the selection of candidates on the basis of some specific criteria.
The civil services also include the services such as the IFS, IAS, IRS, IPS, etc. that can build a primary section of the civil services of India – which is the major pillar of the administration of the country. To successfully pass this exam, completing the test series for UPSC is a very good idea for any candidate.
Some factors regarding UPSC and test series for UPSC
The civil services mainly consist of three types of special services namely, the All India Services, and the Group A and Group B of the Central Services. Those services that come under all of these types are stated below:
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Central Industrial Security Force
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P&T Accounts & Finance Service
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service
- Indian Audit & Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Indian Customs and Central Excise Service
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Railway Board Secretariat Service
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Central Secretarial Service
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Delhi and Andaman & Nicobar Islands Civil Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Custom Appraisers Service
- Indian Railway Account Service
- Railway Protection Force
- Delhi and Andaman & Nicobar Islands Police Service
Stages of the UPSC exam
The age limit of this examination is 21 to 32 years and this exam is completed within three crucial stages, are Prelims, Mains, and the Personality tests. The first stage or the prelims exam starts with two papers with questions that are objective type.
Nine papers comprise the second stage or the mains exam with descriptive-type questions. The third or last stage is the personality test or interview round. Candidates need to clear each of those three rounds so that they can get selected for the ultimate job.
As stated before, there are many types of services where the candidates can get appointed after passing the mentioned stages of exams.
However, the posts were given to the candidates solely depend on their preference which they need to indicate right at the time of submitting the application for the mains, and vacancy in a specific category, and also according to the rank of the candidates.
The candidates who want to become IPS, IAS, or IFS need a higher rank in the exam. So, to get a higher rank it is better to go for the integrated test series for UPSC.
What is the right time to join the Mains test series for UPSC?
It is better to join the test series now. Due to the problems of the pandemic, the annual exam schedule of UPSC has undergone a massive change.
So, the aspirants have to rearrange their preparation strategy as per the changed schedule. Hence, it is a very good idea to prepare for the test as soon as possible to get good marks or ranks.
Therefore, don’t wait and just start to prepare as per the test series for UPSC as soon as possible.