A physical security risk assessment is an entity-wide assessment performed by Security Companies in Atlanta, which are regarded as some of the best in the world. They take the total environment into consideration, in terms of its overall condition and overlapping risks. A physical security risk assessment comprises a series of steps that include the evaluation of physical security measures, and an analysis of gaps, opportunities, and applications to reduce risk.
Physical Security Specialist
Zane Kinney is a well-known Physical Security Specialist among security companies in Atlanta. He gives an artful analysis of security. Most importantly, as an experienced physical security specialist, he explains the overall areas for a more secure environment. He states that all reviews are customized for any setting. He further adds that while they are constructive in themselves and give an enhanced level of confidence, check with your insurance agent to see if you qualify for reduced premiums. Finally for your overall betterment, use this type of service and others, for blended protection.
The First Steps
Before an agency acquires, leases, or subleases its physical space, the agency should use the review process to manage any associated risks. This review is undertaken through a variety of data collection, possible scenarios, and developments so that every location can fulfill the requirements of its environment and will therefore provide a sound and adequate security base for its facilities.
A physical security risk assessment addresses a number of areas, from threats, vulnerabilities, probabilities, risk reduction, and risk transfer. An agency must decide what risks it will accept and others it will mitigate.
Security Companies in Atlanta promote Financial Security
Often, security is viewed as a few locks and alarms. However, true security looks at the entire picture of an organization. Where could losses occur? Where do weaknesses exist? If addressed properly and the executive leadership is on board, profits are protected. Reducing losses saves money. Protection of profits means a better quality of life for everyone.
Security Company’s Consultants are Proactive
Many began in the corporate world giving them a unique view of losses and attitudes surrounding such. They have observed that executives are reactive and protection is not taken seriously. Not taken seriously until a disaster occurs. Even then, companies can return to a laxed state of mind. Arguably this is human nature. Security consultants today are proactive and attempt to communicate the need for vigilance, education, and readiness.
Security Companies are Organized and Flexible
Don’t underestimate today’s physical security consultant. The modern-day security consultant is not as narrow-minded as one might think. They come highly educated and understand the holistic needs of an organization. Some began in the military, but not all. They tend to be organized, flexible, and nimble, keeping the goals of organizations in mind. You’ll find they can interact with all levels, including finance, IT, sales, marketing, etc. They can pore over large amounts of data and use it in decision-making and recommendations. A good security consultant should be coveted and included in executive decision-making. In other words, give them a seat at the leadership table.
What Methods are Used for a Physical Security Risk Assessment
A possible physical security risk assessment for a 5-star hotel could include:
- Meeting with stakeholders, engineers and all staff members. Collecting information on historical threats and concerns. The evaluation of potential failures in systems, which may impact the business operations, including any unforeseen vulnerabilities. Ask, what technological solutions could be applied to reduce labor costs?
- Customize the recommendations to address the specific hotel in this case. Don’t apply a one size fits all approach. Attempt to speak with frequent guests to get their opinion on the hotel’s security
- Ask, what are the real risks versus those which are only perceived. This is where data analysis plays a big part.
- What did the organization not consider and what are the costs for all the recommendations?
- As in any formal risk assessment, identify key learning points related to a series of possible losses, with benchmarks for action taking to correct those issues. Prioritize each recommendation based on potential critical loss and likeliness of an event.
Every Industry, which is operating either on a small or on a large scale, must include a security professional who can execute physical security assessments and make clean concise recommendations to reduce unwanted risks, considering an organization’s criticality and threats. This leads to a safer more productive environment. When done correctly, lives are saved and profits are increased.