Are you not able to make the most out of your Netgear wireless router even after a successful Nighthawk router setup? If you are nodding your head in yes, then congratulations! You have landed on the right post. Here, we have mentioned some of the topmost tips that’ll help you make your Netgear router perform effortlessly. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
How to Make Your Netgear Router Perform Effortlessly?
- Place Your Router at the Right Location
The proper location of your router plays a major role when comes to its functioning. So, start by making sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is placed at its ideal location. Avoid placing it near corners and thick concrete walls. Otherwise, the signals of your Netgear router won’t take much time to get blocked.
Apart from this, also ensure that your router and the existing modem are placed in close proximity. The reason being, if there is too much distance between your WiFi devices, you’ll be forced to face technical issues.
- Perform Netgear Router Firmware Update
The next thing in line for you is to update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router. Updating the firmware of your wireless device will not just fix bugs but also and enhance its overall performance.
Follow the instructions mentioned below to perform Netgear router firmware update:
- Switch on your computer.
- Open an internet browser on your system.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, type routerlogin.net.
- Press Enter.
- You will be taken to the Nighthawk router login page.
- Enter the default username and password into their respective fields.
- Click Log In.
- On the BASIC Home screen, head over to the Settings menu.
- Click Maintenance and select Firmware Update.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to finish updating the firmware of your device.
In this manner, you’ll successfully be able to update the firmware of your Netgear Nighthawk router to the latest version.
- Switch to a Different Connection Mode
Many users make the mistake of connecting their Netgear Nighthawk router and the existing modem using a wireless source. If you are doing the same thing, then know one thing for sure that technical issues aren’t that far away from you.
Therefore, instead of connecting your devices wirelessly, use an Ethernet cable to connect them. Just make sure that the Ethernet cable you are using to connect your router and modem is not worn out or damaged from anywhere.
- Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
It is recommended that you do not place your Netgear Nighthawk router near electronic devices, metal objects, transmitting appliances, and reflexive surfaces. This is because, such devices can interfere with the WiFi signals of your router, thereby degrading its productivity.
Thus, keep your router away from cordless phones, washing machines, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, treadmills, televisions, refrigerators, microwave ovens, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, juicers, etc.
- Reboot Your Netgear Nighthawk Router
Last but not least, rebooting your Netgear wireless router from time to time can prevent you from facing Netgear Nighthawk router setup issues and improve its overall performance.
In order to reboot your wireless device, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Disconnect every WiFi-enabled device connected to the router’s network.
- Switch off your router and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time patiently.
- Once the wait is over, plug your Nighthawk router back into the wall outlet.
- Press the Power button.
In this way, you’ll be able to reboot your Netgear Nighthawk router without any difficulty.
The Bottom Line
Our guide to make your Netgear Nighthawk router perform effortlessly ends here. We hope that the tips mentioned in this article will help your device in standing up to the mark.