The global pandemic started in December 2019 and in just a few months we started getting news of people dying across the globe. In these two years, we have lost many people; some of them were known to us, while some were strangers. However, whether we knew them or not, each death pained us equally, and every time we prayed that our family should be saved from this virus.
Well, along with the fear of death due to the coronavirus, the worry of high hospital bills has also bothered many of us. Especially if members of our family were admitted to the hospitals during the first and second wave in India, this thought snatched our good night’s sleep, didn’t they? Now that we have seen what happened to our families or people that we know, a prudent idea along with maintaining all the protocols is buying a robust health insurance plan.
Since all of us want to avail of most of the coverage provided by one such plan, it can be really tough to choose the best health insurance policy. Also, there are so many health insurance policies in the market that it can be quite confusing to buy any one of these. Well, while you are sure about purchasing a health insurance plan, here are some of the tips that can be helpful for you.
- Getting the right sum insured: One of the main reasons for purchasing a health insurance plan is to protect the finances. Once you have a health insurance plan, you can get treatment for your illness in one of the best hospitals in your city without making a hole in your pockets. Therefore, while you are checking out health insurance plans, you must look for the one that offers high sum insured that can help you clear your hospital bills when required.
- Riders included:If you are looking for the best health insurance plan, it will not have a base plan but also include additional riders. Riders are add-ons that you can get by paying some extra money. Therefore, you have to look for the best riders and accordingly customize your health insurance plan.
- Choose a family floater health insurance plan:We all have families and we want them to stay healthy and fit. However, for an emergency, you would like your family members to have one health insurance policy too, isn’t it? Well, you can buy a family floater health insurance plan which will provide coverage to all the family members. The family floater health insurance plans are in fact economical as compared to the individual health insurance plans.
- Check the claim settlement ratio of the insurer:Before you finalize a health insurance plan that you think will be the best for you and your family, you must check the claim settlement ratio of the insurance company. This will give you a good idea about the coverage you will get upon claiming. The higher the claim settlement ratio is, the higher chances are there of claiming your coverage.
- You must compare the plans:There are several health insurance plans available in the market. Therefore, choosing anyone without comparing it to the others will not be a great idea. You must compare as many health insurance plans as you come across. This will clear all your doubts about the plan you are going to buy.
- Check the network hospitals: This is certainly one of the vital points that you must consider. if you are not hospitalized in one of the network hospitals, you will not be able to claim your health insurance coverage. Therefore, you should know about the network hospital and its proximity to your residence before finalizing the plan.
Now if you want to take a look at the various health insurance plans in the country, you can visit the website of IIFL.