Whether it’s any colour that brings out your personality, proper care should make your hair look shiny, glossy, and radiant. However, there are many problems associating with dyed hair, and so you need specialized treatment and shampoo for colour-treated natural hair.
We have often heard people complain of frizz and split ends that are usually associating with drying hair. On top of that, using shampoos and moisturizers not specifically meant for your hair type can further add to the damage.
But with the right tips and tricks of using the correct moisturizing shampoo for color-treated hair, you can easily maintain the colour without damaging your scalp.
Table of Contents
Does no normal shampoo work on colored hair?
So if it’s your first time trying colour on your hair, you must know that it’s time to change your shampoos and conditioner for the better. Then, you can place the order and wait for your colour hair care package as hair specialists usually advise you to wait for at least 48-72 hours after colouring to shampoo.
What is the meaning of color-safe shampoos?
- Usually, shampoos consist of sulfates that produce the bubbly and rich lather that most people enjoy.
- These sulfates cut through the grease and open up the hair’s cuticle and allow the color to leave the hair faster.
- The color-safe products are usually free from chemicals that can fade your color easily; you might not want to lose your color early.
- The color-safe products have extra conditioning and restoring ingredients that help your hair stay healthy and hydrated.
- A fine sulfate-free shampoo made with natural extracts can add volume and lightweight conditioning to your hair.
How can I maintain my hair color without going to the parlor now and then?
- Hair colors can make your hair feel dry and make you rush for salon visits now and then.
- The cause of the damage is that, to completely set, the hair color breaks in the hair’s cuticles.
- The ammonia peroxide diminishes the natural pigment of hair to make room for the new shade.
- You need to use the dry scalp shampoo for color-treating hair as it is composed of strengthening keratin that will smoothen the frizzes and nourish the scalp.
My hair is already curly and frizzy; how does coloring make it more difficult?
- Curly hairs need a lot more attention to remain manageable and retain their shape. Therefore, you might want to replace your hair care with shampoo specifically designed for color-treated curly hair.
- If you have completely switched the look, you must make the changes slowly since extreme color can potentially change the curling pattern.
- Make a choice of shampoo that can cleanse your hair and help you maintain the curls too. In addition, it should help to intensely moisturize your scalp to repair the breakage, eliminate frizz, strengthen follicles, and smooth the cuticle.
Above all, it’s necessary to choose a hair colour that does not have excess chemicals that might even cause skin damage in the long run. With the right hair dye, hair care, and hair products, you can outlast the shine of your hair colour until you fall for something new, maybe hazel, this time?