An Orthopedic surgeon is a medical doctor specialising in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to bones, joints, muscles and nerves. They perform surgery on patients with skeletal problems such as fractures, congenital deformities or infections of the bone or joint.
They also treat people who have pain from muscle spasms or nerve compression that is caused by injuries due to accidents or chronic diseases like arthritis.
They may prescribe physical therapy for a patient if they need it to help them recover from their condition. An orthopaedic surgeon can be called upon for advice about an injury suffered while playing sports such as tennis, football, hockey etc., where appropriate expertise is required.
Some orthopaedic surgeon specializing in pediatric cases (children), which require special skills and knowledge about treating children’s growth plates
How do you know if you need one?
If you are experiencing pain in your joints, muscles, ligaments or tendons and have difficulty with mobility, it is important to consult a surgeon. Orthopaedic surgeons specialize in diagnosing and treating injuries of the musculoskeletal system, which includes bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons. Injuries can range from sprains to fractures to surgery.
If you have been diagnosed with a condition such as osteoarthritis or other connective tissue diseases that cause chronic pain, then an orthopaedic specialist will be able to prescribe treatments specific to your condition.
What are the benefits of seeing an orthopaedic surgeon?
- It is important to see an orthopaedic surgeon in Mount Dora for several reasons. One major reason is to determine if the problem you are experiencing is caused by arthritis, injury or deformity.
- Orthopaedic surgeons can also provide treatment for these issues and help you adjust pain levels in your everyday life.
- They may prescribe medication or physical therapy and offer alternative solutions depending on your age, lifestyle and overall health condition.
- One reason is that they can help diagnose the problem, give you a treatment plan, and provide you with exercises to do at home.
- Orthopaedic surgeons may also be able to prescribe medications or physical therapy exercises that may relieve your pain and will help speed up your recovery process.
- Seeing an orthopedist can also reduce the risk of arthritis in other joints due to overuse from compensating for the injured joint.
Treatments provided by an orthopaedic surgeon
- When considering orthopaedic surgery, it can be not easy to know what treatment might best suit your needs.
- The good news is that there are various treatments available, and an orthopaedic surgeon will work with you to decide which one will provide the most relief for your particular injury or condition.
- It is a common misconception that orthopaedic surgeons only treat fractures and other injuries. They are often the first to diagnose back or neck pain
- If you find yourself struggling with chronic pain, it may be time for an appointment with your local orthopaedic surgeon and they can also help those who have sports-related injuries by providing them with physical therapy and sometimes surgery if necessary.
The first step to finding out if an orthopaedist is right for you is to ensure that they have experience with your particular condition. Make sure that they have undergone additional training through fellowships and residencies and continuing medical education courses on new developments in this field.
We all want to feel better and be healthier, but sometimes we need a professional opinion on what that means.
Orthopaedic surgeons are specially trained in diagnosing and treating problems with the bones, muscles, joints, ligaments or tendons. They can help you get back to living life without pain.