Protein supplements are already popular among fitness enthusiasts but now these have established a good and reliable name among non gym goers. It shows the people are being conscious about their health in society. It is quite a good thing as generally people miss protein from the regular diet due to carb rich foods.
Though a wide range of natural sources of protein are available, supplements are the easiest and fastest effective way to complement wellness. Incorporating protein supplements with natural sources of protein like eggs, sprouts, milk, peas, and others can maximize the benefits of protein to the body. The article exposes the types of protein powder in India we are using and benefits they have to offer.
Incorporate protein in your diet and get all the benefits, including:
- Reduction of hunger level and appetite
- Stronger bones and muscles
- Reduces the risk of bone fractures in elderly age
- Supports skin and hair growth and health
- Increases fat burning with boosting metabolism
- Reduces cravings especially late night one
- Supports weight loss
- Improves blood pressure
- promotes health of liver and kidneys
- Faster muscle recovery
- Heals faster after injury
- Cope up with age related issues
Natural protein sources:
All of these protein sources are natural and available with a little effort.
- Seafoods: crab, clams, prawns, lobster, algae
- Fish: Herring, marckel, pollack, sardines, cod, salmon
- Meat: Lean meat like kangaroo, pork, beef
- Poultry: Eggs, bush birds, goose, duck, chicken, turkey
- Plant protein: Beans, legumes, soy, peas
- Seeds: Chia, flax, pumpkin,
- Dairy product: Milk, curd, cheese, buttermilk, Ghee
Protein powder in India:
Supplement industry is booming as people are getting more conscious about their daily nutrient value. Mainly protein powder in India is using whey, isolate, and casein in it that functions differently in the body.
- Whey protein: Milk is a wonderful source of protein. Whey is one of the proteins found in it. In the cheese making process, we get the whey protein separated from milk. It consists of almost every nutrient and benefits that the milk offers but it is easier to carry and faster to absorb in the body than milk.
- Isolate: When whey is processed further and extracted all the nutrients other than protein, it becomes Isolate. It consists of the highest amount of protein that is helpful to support your protein needs for muscle recovery after your intense workout.
- Casein: It is one of the proteins found in the milk that shares the largest amount in the milk. Though it consists of all the nutrients found in milk and whey, people don’t prefer it over whey usually. It is because it is slow to absorb. But people have figured out the way to use it to maximize the benefits. So, they have started taking it before going to bed as the body needs nutrients in the sleeping state as well.
Protein is a fundamental nutrient that plays a wide range of roles in the body from muscle and tissue development and recovery, skin and hair nourishment, bone health, and many more. Protein supplements with the natural sources of protein can offer the benefits of different types of protein in the body. Start from today and step up for a healthier you.