Everyone knows that almost all black clothes will slowly fade after repeated washing and drying. The last time the closet is opened, they are all dark gray clothes and trousers. Instead of buying new clothes to replace faded clothes, try one of the following methods to restore black to your clothes.
Method 1: Use dye to restore the original color
1. Confirm whether the fabric can be dyed. Fabric dyes work best on natural fibers, such as cotton, linen, and silk. Synthetic fibers such as rayon (rayon) and nylon can also be colored well. 100% polyester and spandex cannot be dyed, do not try to dye them. It is recommended not to dye clothes with the “Dry Clean Only” label. The ability of each fabric to absorb dyes is different, and the dyeing effect is also different. If you are worried about the dyeing effect of a certain piece of clothing, you can find an inconspicuous place to test it first.
2. Be prepared beforehand. Before you start dyeing, spread plastic or newspaper throughout the workspace. Make sure that sponges and paper towels are within easy reach so that if the dye spills accidentally, they can be cleaned up quickly. Prepare the dye bath in a plastic bucket, stainless steel bucket, or stainless steel sink. During the entire dyeing process, do not use porcelain or fiberglass bathtubs, they will be dyed. During the entire dyeing and rinsing process, you need to wear rubber gloves. never Miss ASOS discount code And Boden discount code NHS, target promo code
3. Fill a bucket or stainless steel sink with very hot water. The hotter the water, the darker the color. The maximum temperature that can be used is 60 degrees Celsius so that the dyed color is the darkest. Make sure you have enough hot water to completely submerge the clothes. Want to dye the deepest black, but the tap water at home is not hot enough? You can heat the water with a stove, kettle, or microwave.
4. Fill another container with very hot water and dissolve the powdered dye in advance. Be sure to dissolve it thoroughly, and stir the mixture with chopsticks or other handy tools that you don’t mind getting dirty until they are well mixed. If you use liquid dye, just shake it and pour it directly into the bucket. Check the dye packaging to make sure the amount is enough to dye your clothes. The dosage required for each product is different, so be sure to check the package or the paper inserted in it to understand the exact dosage.
5. Pour the mixture into the dye bath (bucket or sink). Make sure that the mixture and hot water are mixed well. There needs to be enough water in the bucket to ensure that the clothes can move freely when mixing. Only in this way can it be dyed evenly. Add 1 tablespoon of detergent to the dye bath. Doing so can promote dye absorption. Stir until the detergent and dye bath are well mixed. When dyeing cotton, rayon (rayon), ramie, or linen, add 1 cup of salt to the dyeing bath to enhance the coloring. When dyeing nylon, silk, and wool, add 1 cup (approximately 240 ml) of vinegar to the dyeing bath to enhance the coloring. Use Boden Promo Code NHS at NHS Discounts and NHS Discounts Coupons
6. Immerse the clothes in the dye bath. The longer the soaking time, the darker the dyed color. The clothes can stay in the dye bath for up to 1 hour. During the soaking period, you need to constantly stir the clothes. Keep the water at a high temperature at the beginning. Place a stove, microwave, or teapot nearby so that you can heat water and add it to the dye bath. Another method is to use a large stainless steel pot to hold the dyeing bath, place it on the stove, and continue heating during dyeing to maintain a consistent temperature. Soak the clothes in hot water for a few minutes before putting them in the dye bath. This will make the clothes smoother and easier to color.
7. Take out the clothes in the dye bath and rinse with warm water. Warm water can wash away the dye on the surface of clothes more effectively. After washing it with warm water, rinse with cold water. Wash until the running water becomes clear. The clothes taken out of the dye bath will be very wet, and the color will look darker than after the final wash and dry. Turn the clothes over and put them in the washing machine to wash them separately. Use warm water and mild detergent, and choose a mild cleaning program.
8. Dry or dry clothes. Either way, but hang up to dry can protect the dark color, it is best to develop the habit of drying clothes. After the clothes are dry, they can be worn. When washing freshly-dyed clothes for the first three times, it is best to separate them from other clothes. Use cold water and a mild detergent that has no bleaching effect. Choose a mild washing mode. Afterward, dyed clothes can be washed together with undyed clothes of the same color, but you must use cold water and mild detergent.
Method 2: Use coffee to restore the original color
1. Put the clothes in the washing machine. If you want to deepen the color of several clothes at the same time, make sure that their primary colors are similar. Select cold water and start the general cleaning program. This method is most effective for cotton fabrics, such as faded black T-shirts. The effect on other fabrics is not so ideal. If you want to restore your clothes to a very deep black, coffee may not be as effective as a black fabric dye. The color of coffee is more natural.
2. Make a pot of very strong black coffee. The stronger the coffee, the darker the clothes. Remember to make it thicker. This method requires 2 cups of coffee (approximately 480 ml), so you might as well use a full-size coffee machine instead of a small coffee machine that can only make one cup of coffee. You can also use 2 cups of black tea instead of black coffee to achieve similar results. The most important thing is to use freshly brewed black coffee, it doesn’t matter what method is used to brew it. If you usually drink instant coffee, you can also use them. It is not necessary to use coffee brewed by a coffee machine.
3. At the beginning of the rinsing program, pour 2 cups of freshly brewed coffee into the washing machine. Close the lid of the washing machine and let it continue to run for the coffee to work. Complete the remaining cleaning procedures as usual. If you have dyed clothes with commercially available fabric dyes before, you will find that the clothes smell much better during and after using this method. This method is also non-toxic, and there is no need to worry about coffee staining the inner tub of the washing machine.
4. Dry the clothes. Drying dark clothes with a dryer will cause them to fade, so develop the habit of hanging up washed black clothes to dry to protect their color.
Method 3: How to prevent fading
1. Wash black clothes only when necessary. Every time you wash, your clothes will fade little by little, so the fewer washes, the better. Especially denim, they are the easiest to fade. If you want to reduce the number of washing black clothes, take them off and air-dry after wearing them each time. Don’t wash them. Hang it somewhere on a hanger and let it dry by itself before putting it back in the closet. After wearing it in this way and air-drying two or three times before washing.
2. Before washing clothes, sort them by color and weight. Wash dark-colored clothes together, otherwise, their dye will overflow and stain other light-colored clothes that are washed together. It is also classified according to fabric type and weight. If you wash clothes made of delicate fabrics and heavy fabrics together, the former may be damaged, while the latter may not be washed clean.
3. Hand wash clothes made of delicate and fragile fabrics. The washing machine agitation is too intense for delicate fabrics. Handwashing with cold water can protect their color and prevent damage. If you really don’t want to wash it by hand, put it in a second-place and pack up delicate clothes with a mesh bag for the washing machine. Put them in a mesh bag first, and then put them in the washing machine, so as to reduce the damage to them caused by the washing machine agitation. If you are not sure what way to wash your clothes, always choose hand washing.
4. Turn the black clothes inside out before putting them in the washing machine. This will protect them from being agitated and damaged by the washing machine. The washing process will abrade the fibers of black clothing, causing them to break and fade.
5. Wash laundry with cold water and gentle washing mode. When washing dark clothes, warm water and hot water will cause the color to fade, and other washing modes can also cause the color to fade. These washing modes are more intense for clothes, while the gentle washing mode can protect the clothes and maintain the original color. If your washing machine has a dirty setting, unless the clothes are really dirty, it is best to choose a slightly dirty setting. Compared with other settings, micro-dirt is gentler in dark clothes.
6. Choose a detergent specially made for black or brightly colored clothes. Do not use ordinary detergents and bleaching agents or products with bleaching effects. Some companies have introduced special detergents for dark clothes. If you can find such products, you may wish to use them. Do not use too much detergent, just as long as it can clean the clothes. Too much detergent will cause discoloration.
7. Dry the clothes. Do not put them in the machine to dry, the dryer will make them more faded. Take out the clothes in the washing machine, shake them out one by one, and hang them on the hanger to dry. After they are completely dry, they can be put in the closet together with other clothes.