How do I fix error 1904 in Quickbooks?
QuickBooks error 1904 appears at the time of installing the QB files. Users have to go through lots of problems while fixing this issue. This post will cover everything related to the error. From its error message to different solutions, you will be provided with every unknown fact related to the issue. From now on, just get into this post and learn the procedure of troubleshooting.
QuickBooks Error 1904 : What is the Issue
The user faces the following text on the display that states “Error 1904: [file path/name/extension] failed to register. There are many issues that occur as consequences of the issue. You should get into the remaining posts to learn them.
Issues Comes with the Error 1904 QuickBooks [Symptoms]
There are lots of issues that come with QuickBooks error 1904. You can move below to know the ways to identify this issue.
- Sudden stop of the system.
- QuickBooks continuously declines the license credentials.
- Keyboards and mouse inputs are not accepted.
Well, these symptoms do not arise out of the blue as there are lots of factors run behind to trigger the issue. You can move below to know different causes of the error.
Factors that Bring the License Error 1904
Below are listed five essential factors. Any one of them can bring the error 1904 QuickBooks
into your system. You can check out the list to know them.
- Interruption caused by the Windows security software.
- Installing new Windows OS.
- Not using the righ credentials for installing Windows.
- Corrupted and faulted QuickBooks installer file
- QB desktop software version is updated.
Several Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1904
There are lots of solutions that you can try to troubleshoot the issue. Make sure to get into the procedure ahead and learn the fixations.
Solution 1: Activate the Hidden Administrator
The solution above should be conducted with the assistance of five steps stated below. You can move to the steps below to learn the process.
Step 1: Enable the Built-in Administrator
- To begin with, hit the Windows tab.
- Now, write CMD there.
- When the cmd.exe and Command Prompt window opens, perform a right click on it.
- After that, select Run as administrator.
- Thereafter, enter the following administrator/active:yes and press the Enter button.
Step 2: Change to Built-in Administrator Account
- Hit the Ctrl + Alt + Delete button.
- Now, select Switch user Windows 8 users.
- Moving on, click the Windows tab.
- Navigate towards the top right corner of the screen and select the User button.
- Once done, tap Ctrl + Alt + Delete button.
- Consequently, select the Default Administrator account.
Step 3: Hide Built-in Administrator Account
- Move towards the Windows tab.
- Enter CMD in the search field.
- Perfrom a right click on the same and select Run as Administrator.
- Once done, enter “net user administrator/active:no: in the command prompt window.
- Hit the Enter button now.
Step 4: Modify Installation Directory Security Settings
- Firstly, the user needs to navigate towards C:\Program Files\ Common Files.
- Thereafter, select Properties by right clicking on the Common Files.
- Once done, go to the Security and choose Edit.
- Now, head towards the Group or user names to select users.
- The user is now recomendded to go through the window named Permissions for users.
- Select Allow in the following tabs.
- List Folder Contents
- Read and Execute
- Now, just select Apply and OK button. ]
Step 5: QuickBooks installation
- Now, you are required to install the QuickBooks software.
- Once done, try to log in with the original user.
Solution 2: Uninstall and Reinstall Adobe Flash Player
To resolve the Quickbooks Error 1904, you must know the following procedure to troubleshoot.
- Intiate the procedure by downloading the QuickBooks install diagnostic tool.
- Once done with that, carry out the following steps to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player.
- Access the Run window in the first place.
- Now, enter the Control Panel there.
- Hit OK.
- You need to click on the Uninstall program.
- Select Adobe Flash PlayerActiveX now.
- Thereafter, choose the Uninstall tab.
- Go through the instructions carefully to finish this procedure.
- Now, you have to install the software again.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- If you are still getting the error issue then tap the Ignore button.
- Now, try to finish the installation procedure.
- Make sure that you do not access the QuickBooks application and close it.
- Once done, restart the system.
- If the procedure to install QuickBooks is still not completed then head try to run the QuickBooks desktop install diagnostic tool.
- Consequently, reboot your system.
- If still having issues then try to activate the built in administrator.
- Thereafter, use the built- in administrator account to install QB software.
Solution 4: Refer to the QBversionTool.dll
Use the following solution if the error is related to the QBversionTool.dll. Here are the following steps that you need to consider.
Step 1: Examine the Permissions
- Firstly, access the Windows Start menu.
- Move towards the search field and enter Notepad there.
- You need to access the same.
- Proceed further by entering QBTEST to the note.
- Once done, move towards the File menu.
- Now, you need to choose the Save as button.
- You can save the file on either of the two locations “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files.”
Step 2: Install QuickBooks as Admin
- Access the Windows Start menu in the first place.
- You hit the Sign out button.
- Choose the account that is named as admin and sign in.
- After that, try to install the software as admin.
With the following solutions, you will definitely get rid of the error issue. We hope that the article above has resolved all the related queries of QuickBooks error code 1904. However, if you want to ask anything and are still facing issues then make sure to comment down in the box below.