The winter holidays have started and ended, decorations have been stowed away, and even the heavy winter storms are gone. However, you may have noticed some issues that need attending to in and around your house.
Spring is the ideal season to complete all the home maintenance because the weather is neither hot nor cold. Home maintenance experts from Kingsbridge Homes understand the importance of maintaining your home. Luckily, there’s no need to do every task in one weekend; you can just check each item throughout the seasons. Let us see some of the strategies and tips.
- Inspect Interiors For Damages: Winter storms can break the exterior of your house. Thus, you need to ensure effective inspection of the roof, gutters, and siding. This will give you an idea if they are in the proper condition.
Besides, make sure to inspect the roof if there are any loose or missing shingles or your gutter to make sure they are open and free. Inspect the exterior for any signs of siding blown off or damaged from heavy winds.
- Resume Your Home Repairs: Get started on your home repairs that were put off during the winter months. Spring is an ideal time to resume your home repair projects. Builders like Kingsbridge homes are always there to provide you with the best home repair services.
It might include spring homes improvement projects such as windows, electricity, or other upgrades to ensure the home is more energy efficient. Ensure that your home is running properly and in excellent condition.
- Examine The Stucco And Brickwork: Spalling is more chipping or popping away of the brick’s face and leaving the brick’s interior susceptible to moisture and crumbling. Always look for this and any deteriorated mortar that typically occurs in older houses.
In case your brick is plagued with efflorescence, those unsightly white deposits are a product of soluble salts left behind during water evaporation. In case you discover water penetration in the brick, consider sealing the brick with an appropriate sealant.
- Washing Of Window: A cloudy day is ideal for washing your window. If you plan to do it on a sunny day, your window will dry quickly, but it can also cause streaking. Check the weather forecast before planning.
Remove accumulated dirt on the window before you start and without applying anything. Use a brush or a broom to remove the dirt. Use a sponge to clean your outdoor windows if you apply the cleaning solution. Rub thoroughly to clean and remove all traces of dirt.
- Inspect Your Air-Conditioning Unit, Outdoor Faucets, Lights: Having an air-conditioning unit in the home must need to be inspected by a certified professional. Certified Home Builders Melbourne will ensure all the safety measures and help prolong the life of the units. It’s also wise to make sure your outdoor faucets, receptacles, and lighting are not damaged.
Spring is an ideal season to do all the house maintenance; many things need to be checked around the house. The above information can help you start from the basics and make the spring season ideal for you and your family.