In today’s technological world, highly skilled micro mechanical engineers layout watches for new modules and movements on computers before making them. So, if you think making a wristwatch is easy, you’re wrong! A group of people would devote hours or days to a problem that had already been solved. They are serious about doing it, and the most astonishing part is that the process could take years. Especially if the business wants to get recognized.
Watch movements are not only expensive to design, but they are also expensive to operate and last a lifetime, necessitating even more testing. The new caliber development could cost millions or even billions of dollars. High-quality materials are used in luxury watches like Audemars Piguet’s, and the best materials need a lot of manual labor and attention. Today, Let’s try to understand more about Audemars Piguet timepieces.
Table of Contents
Creation and Development
For example, the Audemars Piguet Automatic Royal Oak Black Ceramic Watch’s outer finish has played a key role in its odd allure. The contrast between polished and satin-brushed surfaces, the meticulous beveling of all edges, and the resulting play of light would be impressive enough on its own, let alone when combined with the remarkable bracelet, in which each link is a different size. Furthermore, the finishing is a work of art in and of itself. A classic watch, such as an Audemars Piguet, might take anywhere from a few days to months or even years to make.
Making Use of High-End Materials
Audemars Piguet watches stand out from the crowd not only because of their design and patterns but also because of the rich materials and processes utilized in their manufacture. For example, instead of stainless steel, the brand employs black ceramic, which is then machined and hand-finished to achieve satin-brushed and polished surfaces. The use of white gold screws shows that they are well aware that perfection is often found in the smallest of details.
The cost of high-end, one-of-a-kind mechanical movements can be in the tens of thousands of dollars. Because of the complexity of the movements, high-end timepieces are only limited to small quantities to meet the needs of a specific group of people.
Producing Low Quantities Lead to High Costs
Audemars Piguet only produces a limited number of pieces, its watches are pricey. The more distinctive the timepiece, the more probable it will be personalized. This complicates the production of its components, which adds to the cost. When a corporation manufactures thousands, if not millions, of timepieces, the initial expense of tooling and development can be disrupted in each one. Even if a new watch costs a million dollars to make, each timepiece would be only a few dollars more.
Audemars Piguet Automatic watch is well worth the investment. Customers, on the other hand, sometimes care only about the brand name. If that’s the case, there’s no harm in buying the watch because of the sentimental importance it holds for you.
Meticulously Created by a Highly Skilled Team
Each Masterpiece is meticulously created by a highly skilled team. A year and a team of highly trained watchmakers may be required to build a one-of-a-kind and timeless watch. Although competent engineers do not devote their complete attention to a single piece, the creation, decoration, finishing, and testing of a mechanical watch takes longer. Imagine meticulously hand polishing hundreds of tiny watch parts under a microscope. To buy Audemars Piguet, keep in mind the hard labor of love put in by a highly skilled team to create a powerful and outstanding timepiece.
You may also like to Read – What is a balance diet?
The Royal Oak
The Royal Oak line first debuted in 1972, and several versions have been released since then. Audemars Piguet’s Royal Oak is a very popular and well-liked watch and even if there are many imitations it remains a very desired timepiece.
If you’re having trouble figuring out how to verify an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch all you have to do is read this real vs fake Audemars Piguet Royal Oak guide.
- Check the thickness of your Audemars Piguet watch’s case. The casing of most fake Audemars Piguet watches is too thick. Look up the exact measurements for each Audemars Piguet Royal Oak reference number on the internet.
- See the tapisserie on your watch’s dial. The squares on counterfeit Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watches are generally inconsistent.
- Check the screws on your watch’s bezel. Genuine timepieces must have symmetrical screws with the same depth, size, and width for the flathead screwdriver line. Counterfeit watches frequently have these details wrong.
- Observe the engravings on the watch’s movement plate, which is on the back. The lettering on most imitation Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watches has the wrong thickness.
- Inspect your watch’s bracelet. The band on fake Audemars Piguet watches is of considerably poorer quality, whereas the real piece’s bracelet and all of its intricacies will always have a very smooth and elegant feel to them.
- Check the “SWISS MADE” inscription on the dial of your watch, as most imitation Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watches have thicker writing and incorrectly formed letters when compared to original Royal Oak watches.
- Check your Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch’s crown. The writing on the crown of most fake Royal Oak Audemars Piguet watches appears to be too thick.
This concludes our look at how to tell the difference between a fake and a genuine Audemars Piguet Royal Oak watch. If you’re thinking about getting one, know that you’ll be able to wear it for years to come. Special watches, on the other hand, are beyond the reach of most people. Only a few people have an Audemars Piguet on their wrist.
It took some time for people to get used to the idea of a new high-end timepiece. Audemars Piguet took three years to sell 1,000 pieces, but happily, the initial batch went to the right people. The Shah of Iran is credited with becoming the first Royal Oak customer. Audemars relied on influential customers like the Shah to set the tone, and interest spiked quickly following that initial period of low sales. The Royal Oak is now Audemars Piguet’s main offering.