Graphic designing has become an essential need of both offline and online businesses. It doesn’t matter whether you are starting a shop in your area or opening an online store, you definitely need graphic designing skills to create your card, logo or posters, etc. However, many startups and SMEs consider these graphic designing services an expensive venture.
Indeed, the average annual salary of a graphic designer is around $46K in the United States, according to PayScale. This figure definitely could not be a good investment for small businesses. That is why most of these startups usually try to find a user-friendly and free graphic design tool.
Here are some of the best free graphic design tools that you can use for such ventures:
Table of Contents
It is one of the most reliable graphic design tools that comes with a user-friendly interface. It is not a simple tool, but it is also listed among the best graphic design software that you can easily use on your desktop. Surely, it is a free tool that you can utilize without paying anything and create your designs from scratch.
The most remarkable features about GIMP are mentioned below:
- This is a lightweight software. Compared to heavy software like Adobe, it doesn’t need much space in your computer.
- It is seamless to edit images with GIMP because of its smooth interface.
- Airbrush, cloning, leveraging and pencil tools will impress you.
If you are in search of a graphic design tool that should work for several platforms, including Windows, Linux and iOS devices, then you can consider using Krita. Its toolkit is definitely free to use for digital artists. Probably, it is a more suitable option for artists instead of the typical graphic designers who are not much interested in creativity. But yes, if you are an innovative startup, then you must try this tool.
Here are the core features of Krita:
- Krita is entirely free to download, and you don’t need any licensing to proceed with it.
- Because of the open-source nature of this graphic design tool, you can get guidance from fellow designers and even can get inspiration from the available resources.
- Developers of this platform update it gradually, so designers still have a chance to benefit from the advanced designing toolkits.
Do you want to use an online editor to design logos, business flyers, and cards? If yes, then you can use Pixlr. You can use it on a web browser with great ease. This tool was initially released in 2008 under a SaaS (software as a service) category. With the passage of time, it got much more popular among users.
Here are the main properties of Pixlr:
- This is a cloud-based graphic designing tool where you can save your projects without any effort.
- It confers a variety of products for different platform versions, including mobile and desktop.
- Around 500+ million users have consumed this platform. So, newbies can easily trust this tool.
DesignWizard is another notable graphic design software that comes with a free basic plan. Yes, its basic program permits graphic designers to draw their projects without paying anything. Although it could be beneficial for small projects but keep in mind, it only gives 15MB download space for its free plan.
See the significant properties of DesignWizard below:
- It is simple to use this graphic design tool because of its Canva like interface.
- Designers can find 1 million royalty-free images on this platform and use them for more than 15000 templates.
- Built-in templates allow the users to build one of the most professional banners, cards and further designs within minutes.
If you are thinking that we are going to skip Canva in our list, then you are wrong. Though Canva’s appealing features have become premium but it is still one of the easiest to use graphic design tools where even a student can build professional projects. This is basically a Sydney-based company that was launched in 2013. More than 1500 employees always try their best to improve user experience, and most of these attractive features are free to use.
The core properties of Canva are listed below:
- It is straightforward to build any logo, card and infographic with Canva because it provides numerous built-in tools and ready to use templates.
- It is free to download your images, flyers and infographics with Canva with specific dimensions without any watermark.
- Users can easily convert their Canva projects into several formats, including PDF and much more.
In short, the primary purpose of sharing this article is to make our readers aware of the best graphic design tools. Therefore, they can easily design for their new business and enhance their skills without paying expensive graphic designers and artists. Hopefully, this list would be beneficial for both SMEs and individuals.